11/10/12

Silly boys, power tools are for girls..

I´m so happy to have started this project not only because I became so busy that I can´t find time to have snacks :) but because it gives me an opportunity to meet so interersting personalities, whose wisdom & devotion can motivate all of us.

 It´s an awesome girl Neva Starr with the great story & charming shop creations. Her creativity goes beyond the limits, what makes her quite different.
Well, she opens a door into her life for us, so enjoy what you see there :)

I grew up in the mountains of Virgina under the belief the a girl could do & be anything she wanted. Dolls were for sissies,( I'm sure my brothers influenced this thought ) Instead I prefered to play in creek beds, collect pet snails, or create with legos & any other odds n ends I could find. Somehow this all helped make me who I am today. Slowly my art & interests have come forth into the building of this amazing shop. To this day I still prefer a garage/workshop over just about anything else. Althougth the competion for this prime real estate can become quite interesting when you add a husband in the mix .. ( Luv ya Joe :) Originally my "tinkering" was just a hobby. Upon relocating to NC with my husbands job, it was soon realized that due to insane childcare costs I would be best to work from home. With a background in graphic design & photography I began doing art shows, yet people seemed to always be more interested in my homemade displays than in my photography. ( Photography competion is insane ) Thus my shop, Twisted Metals, was born.
Take a sneak peek inside my private studio by watching this short segment produced by Time Warner Cable's, Made In the Carolina's.

PEEK INSIDE NEVA´s STUDIO




Once you take an ordinary object, look past its purpose you will find the extraordinary creations waiting inside. I have a weakness for anything unusual, old or bold.



I create from my heart. I create from my soul. I create for me, this is who I am. With each piece you
also receive a part of me, for my art & my passion is all the same.
I create for my children,to inspire & to allow them to experience the world in a different view. Creativity is found in all, waiting & wanting to be released.
 
Passion, Soul,Experimenting ,Blood, Sweat & Tears. These are the reasons a shop exists.A true portrayal of the owners in product form. 

A forgotten world of abandoned junk,waiting to be brought to life.This is my Bio –the creations born of an inspired mind,adorning the natural earth.Speaking the surreal language of artistic form, I found that from childhood forth, the world I knew was an alternate view. Empowered to greatness in worlds like no other, I've created my own reality. 

So, I thnk the pictures & the story itself convinced you to visit NEVA ETSY SHOP

Special thanks to Neva for her cooperation!We wish you good luck for the future & all the best!! ;) 

READ MORE...

2 comments:

  1. Cool shop and story! Love the Lightbulb Salt & Pepper shakers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gari Anne, i was so suprised by Neva`s creativity! have never seen such things before.

      Delete